What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse. It is also sometimes also referred to as impotence.Occasional ED is not uncommon. Many men experience it during times of stress. However, frequent ED can be a sign of health problems that need treatment. It can also be a sign of emotional or relationship difficulties that may need to be addressed by a professional.
What are the symptoms of erectile dysfunction?
- Inability to get an erection
- Inability to keep an erection
- Decreased sexual desire is commonly a related symptom
What causes erectile dysfunction?
The causes of erectile dysfunction can be both physical and psychological. An erection begins in the brain with sexual arousal. The brain releases chemicals to tell the nerves to relax the muscles that control the blood vessels leading into the penis. This increase in blood causes an erection. If this process is interrupted at any point, ED can result.
How does acupuncture and herbal medicine treat ED?
- In TCM theory, the ejaculation is controlled by the kidney and liver, when you are stressed out or with the age getting older, your liver and kidney will lose the control of sex function, with the acupuncture and herbal medicine, we can strength your kidney and release the liver Qi in order to improve your sex ability.
- Male Strengthening Exercise is also useful
- One to three months, twice a week in the first month
- Sometimes the patients can feel the erection during the first treatment.
- After two to three treatment patients can feel the improvement