Acupuncture Support during Cancer Treatment
Cancer and treatment side effects and how we treat it
- Nausea and vomiting – Some types of chemotherapy can cause nausea or vomiting. Acupuncture and herrbal medicine can lessen the feeling of nausea. the combination of them can regulate the digestion and improving parasympathetic nervous system response.
- Radiation burns – radiation to the torso, neck and head often burns the skin. Acupuncture can improve the circulation in the local area while Chinese herbs can be applied to soothe the skin, reduce redness and swelling, and help heal burns.
- Fatigue – Undergoing cancer treatment or even with the cancer its own is very exhausting, emotionally and physically. It can quickly lead to fatigue. Acupuncture and herbs can work tofether to increase energy by improving the body’s energy resources, boosting the blood, improving digestion and restoring circulation of blood and body fluids.
- Weight loss and loss of appetite (anorexia) – Weight loss or loss of appetite is very common during the When chemotherapy and radiation lower appetite, acupuncture and herb can be used to help with restoring the digestive function, stimulating the appetite, improving energy and balancing circulation.
- Anemia – Anemia can occure during the chemotherapy or radiation. Acupuncture and herb can nourish the blood, improve digestion, and balance circulation.
- Dry Mouth (xerostomia) and loss of taste – radiation to the head and neck can cause dry mouth and loss of taste sensation. Acupuncture and herbs can help bring back normal saliva production and restore taste by improving the body’s circulation in the head and neck and restoring the natural balance of energy in the affected area.
- Anxiety and depression – anxiety and depression are very common among my patients during the cancer treatment. Acupuncture and herbs can help to treat anxiety and depression by calming the mind and turning on the parasympathetic nervous system
- Pain – Acupuncture is famous for treating pain. The same applies for pain that arises during cancer treatment. Acupuncture has an analgesic effect, and we can pick where to direct that effect by picking different points to use.