Acupuncture for Arthritis
Over 46 million Americans suffer from arthritis, representing more than one-fifth of the population. The majority of these individuals have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis. While these painful conditions can be difficult to treat, you can find natural relief of your symptoms through acupuncture and herbs.Acupuncture for Arthritis
How Can Acupuncture Help Arthritis?
- Acupuncture is a safe and natural therapy that has been proven to be effective in the treatment of pain. While arthritis conditions often tend to be chronic, regular acupuncture treatments can help manage pain and improve the range-of-motion in the affected joints.
- Arthritis is generally viewed as a form of painful obstruction in the body, referred to as Bi Syndrome in Traditional Chinese Medicine. This diagnosis is further refined to include various environmental factors contributing to the condition, such as Wind, Damp, Cold, and Heat
- Herbs can remove dampness of your body,help the blood circulation and relieve the pain
- Herbal soak is a useful assistant treatmnent as well.
- Acupuncture treatment can make an immediate difference in your condition.
Acupuncture for Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Osteoarthritis is primarily caused by a degeneration of the cartilage within the joints. As this cushion within the joint weakens with age or overuse, you may begin to experience a “bad knee or hip”. Pain, swelling, and limited range-of-motion increase overtime, possibly leading to a state of permanent disability.Acupuncture for Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Acupuncture treatment will include several constitutional points to address the nature of the condition. Additional points can help target the local area of your pain
- Osteoarthritis of the knee is treated with deep insertion of needles into the eyes of the knee, the two points located just below the kneecap on either side of the patellar tendon known as XiYan.
- Some acupuncturists treat using a distal point method and choose to needle points that control the flow of Qi through the painful area, avoiding any needles at the local site. The advantage of this method is that you are able to move the affected area and test the effectiveness of the therapy during treatment
- Acupuncture can provide pain management and improve joint function without side effects or other unwanted reactions.
Acupuncture for Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a systemic autoimmune disorder that causes inflammation of the synovial membrane & fluid, resulting in painful joints due to your own immune system attacking the body.
- The condition often affects the distal joints of the body, such as the hands, in a symmetrical fashion. Rheumatoid Arthritis causes the joints to become red, swollen, stiff, and painful, preventing proper use of the affected limb. Overtime, the joints begin to deform, further restricting their range of motion.
- Treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis can be very beneficial to the disorder. Severe cases should always be treated in an integrative manner, in conjunction with the recommendations of your Medical Doctor.
- Therapy with Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs (DMARDs) can be toxic and damaging to the body; alternative therapies that can help manage the condition in an adjunctive manner may allow a decreased use of these and other pharmaceuticals for RA.