What is Post-herpetic Neuralgia?
Postherpetic neuralgia is a nerve pain due to damage caused by the varicella zoster virus. Typically, the neuralgia is confined to a dermatomic area of the skin, and follows an outbreak of herpes zoster (commonly known as shingles) in that same dermatomic area. The neuralgia typically begins when the herpes zoster vesicles have crusted over and begun to heal, but can begin in the absence of herpes zoster—a condition called zoster sine herpete
How does acupuncture treat post-herpetic neuralgia?
- Acupuncture treats pain by harmonizing Qi and Blood, and harmonizing the body’s organ systems.How does acupuncture treat post-herpetic neuralgia?
- Electro-acupuncture can block pain signals locally and at on their way to the spinal column before going to the brain.
- Seven-Star Needles are used for tapping the local area until slightly redness
- Cupping after Seven-Star Needles
- Herbal medicine is also an important adjunct treatment to acupuncture.