Skip to content
Different types of knee pain
- Knee ligament injuries
- Knee arthritis
- Knee bursitis
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Chondromalacia patellae
- Jumper’s knee (patellar tendinitis)
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Iliotibial band syndrome (ITBS)
How does acupuncture treat knee pain?
- Acupuncture and massage can help correct the obstructions and imbalances which cause the pain in the knees. When using acupuncture to treat knee pain, I use a combination of local and distal points to remove obstruction, relax muscles and improve circulation in the affected area.
- Tuina massage, moxibustion and cupping are also commonly used to treat the pain.
- Dependent on the acupuncture theory diagnosis of the pain I will also use herbal medicine for balancing the whole body.